Friday, October 10, 2008

Been a very long week. -sigh-

Well, to start off Tom's grandfather (who we lived with when we first move to California) died of (apparently that I know) a heart attack. He and Grandma were on a camping trip at the time. I guess he hadn't been feeling at all well the whole day and as they were getting ready for bed he collapsed. Tom and I found out about it on Saturday afternoon when Grandma and Uncle Darrin came to our trailer. So we then followed them to Grandma's house to tell Dawn and Rorie who were there doing laundry and such. Needless to say we didn't get a whole lot of sleep that day, and the week as a whole as somewhat dragged on from that point.
Thankfully though I'm now finished with my work week so I don't have to worry about waking up early tonight. Right now I'm just waiting for Cost-Co to open so Tom and I can go pick up a couple things (and get some nummy lunch while we're at it).
Grandpa's memorial service is supposed to be tomorrow at 3pm. So....I know we're both going to be tired as hell, but there's no way we'd miss going to that.

It was so sad...we were over at Grandma's the other day discussing some dinner plans. Well, her sister Jeniffer was over (just to be there with her) and we were all looking through photos cuz I guess there's going to be some kind of slideshow with Music that Grandpa always liked. Well Jeniffer was scanning through an album when she suddenly came across several pictures of Van and Tom when they were little. (Van is her son who was killed a short while ago while in Germay...he and Tom were about the same age.) Tom saw the pictures and gave her a hug and then she started to cry. :-( It was so sad. Too much death lately....that's what I think. Way too much death. :-(

Well, I guess that's all I have for now. I think Tom wants some help with a quest on WoW so I should probably go be on assistance. Ciao for now.

2 comments:

Ritzville RS said...

Oh Sweetie, I am so sorry. Please give yourself and Tom lots of hugs for me (I wish I could be there to do it in person!)

Jessicah said...

I wish so much that I could be there right now to give you a big hug...I think we both need one...Give Tom, Dawn, and Rorie a hug from me.