Friday, April 30, 2010

Very emotional...but in a good way.

Okay first of all I just wanna say that I love both my family and my friends more than words could ever describe. I'll admit though that it's really hard being so far away from everyone...not just physically, but emotionally as well. I'd never want to step on toes, but I think Jess (at least) knows what I mean when I say that so far no one has quite been the same as a friend as what Julie was.

I have a friend from work named Heather. We used to talk occasionally, usually just a passing 'hey' and whatnot. Then something happened. There was a day at work that I could tell she just wasn't doing well, so I asked her if she was okay...as it had turned out she had just found out that she'd had a miscarraige. :o( I didn't know why but I felt like I should tell her about what happened with my son. So after that we talked some more, and some time later she ended up pregnant again. Well during her leave of absense from work I decided to look her up on myspace. Course now neither of us use that anymore and we're actually friends on facebook...but long story...well longer...

She's become a real best friend to me. She's not family. She's not Tom. And she's not someone back from highschool who probably would never talk to me if it wasn't for facebook...she's just my friend. She knows me right now. She just invited me to go with her and her kids to this car race that her son Jake is in. It's kind of like the pinewood derby that my brothers used to compete in during Scouts. I can't even describe how much that means to me, cuz she really does just randomly invite me to hang out...it's just nice to finally feel like...like I have a real best friend again. Cuz I haven't had that in a very long time...

p.s. her pregnacy after her miscarraige went just fine. Karli is over a year old now and I absolutely adore her more than just about anything. :o)

2 comments:

Jessicah said...

I'm glad the two of you are able to be their for eachother. I found that friend for me in Christine, I was so happy when we reconnected on facebook. Love you!

Ritzville RS said...

{{{HUGS}}} Every girl needs a best friend that will just "Randomly invite you to hang out" I am so happy you have that friend :)